" If the Second Amendment were to be repealed, the people would still retain their God-given right to own weapons with the capacity to defeat their attacker." The problem with that statement is two fold. Our government is armed to the teeth with weaponry the average American citizen is not allowed to own, and second, God ain't packin'.
Founding father Alexander Hamilton was highly skeptical of adding a bill of rights to the United States Constitution. This signer of the Constitution went so far as to “affirm that bills of rights, in the sense and to the extent in which they are contended for, are not only unnecessary in the proposed Constitution, but would even be dangerous.”
The Bill of Rights are made up of the first ten amendments to the Constitution, all ratified together in 1791, just four years after the adoption of the Constitution...
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014