" If the Second Amendment were to be repealed, the people would still retain their God-given right to own weapons with the capacity to defeat their attacker." The problem with that statement is two fold. Our government is armed to the teeth with weaponry the average American citizen is not allowed to own, and second, God ain't packin'.
Founding father Alexander Hamilton was highly skeptical of adding a bill of rights to the United States Constitution. This signer of the Constitution went so far as to “affirm that bills of rights, in the sense and to the extent in which they are contended for, are not only unnecessary in the proposed Constitution, but would even be dangerous.”
The Bill of Rights are made up of the first ten amendments to the Constitution, all ratified together in 1791, just four years after the adoption of the Constitution...
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 44 minutes ago
- Super-sized: Man loses 56 lbs eating nothing but McDonald’s Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Uh oh: Reports claim Ukrainian air force base in Sevastopol has been stormed by pro-Russian forces Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- McCain: I want Ted Cruz to apologize to Bob Dole Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Shock poll: Americans overwhelmingly favor building the Keystone XL pipeline Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Obama: Everyone wants a little R-S-P-E-C-T Allahpundit 4 hours ago