Liberal Washington Post editorial page commentator Ruth Marcus sees sexism in the Republican opposition to naming the current U.S. Ambassador to the UN, Susan Rice, as Hillary Clinton’s replacement as Secretary of State. Marcus trots out a well-worn story from the 1970s. She relates the formidable Alice Rivlin’s recollections as first Director of the Congressional Budget Office. “Over my dead body will we have a woman in that job” was the reaction of the House Budget Committee Chairman. (Chairman, Ooh! Bad!) That was Dr. Rivlin’s testimony. Dr. Rivlin sailed through confirmation to chair the CBO and is widely respected...
In response to:
If Kerry is not picked for SoS then it's because of racism. I'm sure.
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 23 minutes ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- White House on Democrats’ global-warming talkathon: We salute you Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Poll: 55% of Americans under age 35 oppose sanctions on Russia Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: C’mon, America, let’s ban the word “bossy” Allahpundit 3 hours ago