Senate Banking Committee Chairman Tim Johnson, a South Dakota Democrat, does not plan to run for re-election when his current term ends in 2014, sources close to the matter and key Capitol Hill staffers said on Monday. Johnson, 66, joined the Senate in 1997 and has been widely expected to retire at the end of his term. He plans to make the announcement on Tuesday, the sources said. Johnson's staff said that he will hold a press conference at the University of South Dakota on Tuesday. His retirement would leave...
Actually, I have. She was the TP darling until she got elected. It happens to many of them. Go Club for Growth web site and see for yourself how far she has slipped. Too bad.
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 17:1-9 Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 17 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago