Senate Banking Committee Chairman Tim Johnson, a South Dakota Democrat, does not plan to run for re-election when his current term ends in 2014, sources close to the matter and key Capitol Hill staffers said on Monday. Johnson, 66, joined the Senate in 1997 and has been widely expected to retire at the end of his term. He plans to make the announcement on Tuesday, the sources said. Johnson's staff said that he will hold a press conference at the University of South Dakota on Tuesday. His retirement would leave...
It's always good news when I hear a Dem retires.
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago