Evidence in Europe is mounting that decriminalizing marijuana has detrimental effects on the health of individuals, the health of society and the health of the healthcare system. And while many studies have concentrated on the benefits of decriminalization in terms of unburdening the court system, few studies have looked at the cost to the healthcare system.
That’s changed with the completion of a study that looked at drug use and hospital admissions in an area of London where marijuana use was decriminalized.
“Now a paper presented to the Royal Economic Society’s annual conference in London,” writes the
- US to give up control over Internet Ed Morrissey 21 minutes ago
- Flight 370 dropped to 5,000 feet to evade radar Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Crimea declares independence, applies for Russian reunion Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago