My Gender Is 'Fill In The Blank'

Nancy4392 Wrote: Feb 28, 2015 10:14 AM
I once got into a lengthy "discussion" with a man who insisted reality was all in our heads - there was no objective, exterior world. I agree that our perceptions are subjective, but only to a point. When I walk into a fire, I'm gonna get burned. I asked him, then why can't I be immortal? Why can't I think I'm gorgeous and rich and carefree and then BE it? He insisted it was my "fear" that kept me from "manifesting" this reality. So... I fear gorgeous, rich and carefree? Now they have to come up with a new category of crazy for that one.

The Climate Con Goes On

Nancy4392 Wrote: Feb 21, 2015 11:21 AM
Now it's "Global Climate Disruption," because they finally realized saying "Climate Change" is sort of like saying "Dawn," or "Wind Blowing."

The Climate Con Goes On

Nancy4392 Wrote: Feb 21, 2015 11:20 AM
I did read it - as well as Barry's "Dreams From My Father" (a telling word that "from" vs. the expected "of," even though I was scolded again and again for finding the book jejune and frightening at the same time - being told that all young "black" men who have absent fathers search for them). Alinsky's book does hit on basic principles of manipulating people, and would be less dangerous if he didn't harp on "change the world to be the way "we want it to be." Who's we, fella?
I know this is inappropriate, but "harf" sounds like something a cat does when it has a hairball.
Well, actually, I DO think the Secret Service would have known. They need to know anything that might also be taking place at a facility where the prez will be exposed. I think the club itself bears some of the blame if, indeed, they didn't make clear that this round of golf was displacing a wedding that had been long planned. It's easy enough to say, "We have a wedding scheduled for 10am (or whatever); can the round be played at 12?" I think what people are trying to say here is that IF nobody bothered to let the prez know that he was messing up someone's wedding, it telegraphs an assumption of "I'm first, always." I would have been really annoyed if my staff didn't tell me so that I could make the (proper) decision to delay my golf game.

Ebola and Obama

Nancy4392 Wrote: Oct 07, 2014 11:41 AM
I said the same thing - after reading his autobiography, written at age 33. I figured all he needed was a global crisis of some kind, martial law - emergency Ruler in Chief.

Hands Up! Don’t Abort!

Nancy4392 Wrote: Aug 26, 2014 9:10 AM
I guess you're "false as a human being" when you can be sucked out of your mom at 10, 20, however many weeks of life... you, with your own DNA... but you're a "false" human because you're just a "bunch of cells" and the mother can "choose" whether you're a distinct person or not. Depend upon it, if she *wanted* that "bunch of cells," it would become her "baby." "When is your fetus due?" is a commonly asked question at baby showers, right?

Menstrual Activism

Nancy4392 Wrote: Jul 29, 2014 12:23 PM
Dang, I should have read through all the comments before I wrote mine... great minds and all that....

Menstrual Activism

Nancy4392 Wrote: Jul 29, 2014 12:18 PM
Soooo..... if we did the same thing with poop, how would that be? There are people who are incontinent. Let's have a day where somebody walks through a mall with a large poop stain on his/her pants... or we put incontinence bags near the cash register in the cafeteria... or we put up big signs that say "Don't wear your colostomy bag when having sex - poop on your partner! Honk if you agree!" What do you think?

Mrs. Obama's Desperate Plea

Nancy4392 Wrote: Jul 28, 2014 6:43 PM
So... ok. Some people don't agree with Mr. Obama. What do they do? Just agree so it makes Michelle happy?? Or change her eyebrows back to nasty?