Tonight marks the annual zenith of American political pageantry, as President Obama will address a joint session of Congress in a nationally-televised speech. As we reported yesterday, White House aides say Obama has fashioned an "aggressive" message as he prepares to do partisan battle with Hill Republicans over the coming months. Following the Obama Show, Sen. Marco Rubio will deliver the GOP's rebuttal, followed by Sen. Rand Paul, who will speak on behalf of the Tea Party. For a sense of Rubio's approach to an always-difficult task, read this preview from the Weekly Standard's Stephen Hayes. Paul, meanwhile, may...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 20 mins ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 3 hours ago