Tonight marks the annual zenith of American political pageantry, as President Obama will address a joint session of Congress in a nationally-televised speech. As we reported yesterday, White House aides say Obama has fashioned an "aggressive" message as he prepares to do partisan battle with Hill Republicans over the coming months. Following the Obama Show, Sen. Marco Rubio will deliver the GOP's rebuttal, followed by Sen. Rand Paul, who will speak on behalf of the Tea Party. For a sense of Rubio's approach to an always-difficult task, read this preview from the Weekly Standard's Stephen Hayes. Paul, meanwhile, may...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 4 hours ago