What President Obama has been pushing for, and moving toward, is more insidious: government control of the economy, while leaving ownership in private hands. That way, politicians get to call the shots but, when their bright ideas lead to disaster, they...
Agreed, Unfortunately many of "We the people" (myself included) have been asleep and "blind" to what has been happening in our country for over 100 years. Giving the "social-fascist" a 100 year head start. Fortunately, we are awakening and making great strides in curtailing the progressive agenda in the last 2 years (think Tea Party Nov. 2010 and Gov. Scott Walker). But Liberty takes vigilance and we must be ever vigilant against the would be/wanna be tyrants that seek to enslave our great nation.
It bothers me a little when conservatives call Barack Obama a "socialist." He certainly is an enemy of the free market, and wants politicians and bureaucrats to make the fundamental decisions about the economy. But that does not mean that he wants government ownership of the means of production, which has long been a standard definition of socialism.
- Poll: 55% of Americans under age 35 oppose sanctions on Russia Allahpundit 24 minutes ago
- Video: C’mon, America, let’s ban the word “bossy” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS, partly due to “liberal bias” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: CPAC review, Lisa De Pasquale Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Ron Paul: Crimea has the right to join Russia, and U.S. sanctions would be “criminal” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- CPAC interviews: The candidates Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago