What President Obama has been pushing for, and moving toward, is more insidious: government control of the economy, while leaving ownership in private hands. That way, politicians get to call the shots but, when their bright ideas lead to disaster, they...
Agreed, Unfortunately many of "We the people" (myself included) have been asleep and "blind" to what has been happening in our country for over 100 years. Giving the "social-fascist" a 100 year head start. Fortunately, we are awakening and making great strides in curtailing the progressive agenda in the last 2 years (think Tea Party Nov. 2010 and Gov. Scott Walker). But Liberty takes vigilance and we must be ever vigilant against the would be/wanna be tyrants that seek to enslave our great nation.
It bothers me a little when conservatives call Barack Obama a "socialist." He certainly is an enemy of the free market, and wants politicians and bureaucrats to make the fundamental decisions about the economy. But that does not mean that he wants government ownership of the means of production, which has long been a standard definition of socialism.
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 48 minutes ago
- Could a Republican president gut ObamaCare without action from Congress or the Supreme Court? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Watch the most infuriating interview on the Israel-Gaza conflict yet Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Wisconsin gubernatorial poll: Mary Burke 47, Scott Walker 46 Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- CNN: Obama approval holding steady … at 42% Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago