I have gone from enjoying smoking and having adult beverages at my favorite establishments or on the road in climate controlled comfort to standing in the rain and lightening or sub-zero temps depending on the location at the time. Yet, we manage to accommodate pre-teens and adults with identity/gender issues, LGBT, lesbians, gays, the ability to use public restrooms for either gender depending on their mood of the day. This, to me, constitutes a serious health issue for those of us who do not wish to participate in what has been medically proven to be risky sexual behavior. Should they not be relegated to doing their business out doors as well? This of course is ridiculous. But treating people like human beings is the same.
California Assemblyman Marc Levine, D-San Rafael, has introduced a bill to make it illegal for people to smoke in their own homes -- if they live in an apartment or a condo or a multifamily home. When last I wrote about Levine, he was pushing a statewide law to require grocers to charge for bags. Now he's after cigarettes -- but only the legal kind. With his new AB 746, Levine is following a trail blazed by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who pushed a law prohibiting the restaurant sale of large sugary drinks, which a New York judge overturned.
- Report: Energy production on federal lands is still declining Erika Johnsen 49 minutes ago
- Maybe Democrats should be more worried about their own billionaire allies Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Boehner reassures GOP donors: I’m “hellbent” on passing immigration reform this year Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Inside the leak of the Tsarnaev capture photos Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- New Hillary memoir to be titled “Hard Choices”? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Protip from Reid: Bundy supporters are “domestic terrorists,” y’know Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago