As previously reported, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid won't bring Senator Dianne Feinstein's assault weapons ban legislation to the Senate floor as part of a larger gun control package but rather will give her an opportunity to offer it as an amendment. Why? Reid couldn't round up even 40 votes for the darn thing. Feinstein, who says this legislation is "very important to her," said on CNN yesterday that it will be a betrayal to her if Reid doesn't bring up the legislation for a vote. Apparently, Feinstein left a meeting with Reid yesterday confident a vote would be...
I'm going to go get some breakfast and then go to bed. A nice 18 hour sleep is exactly what my body and mind crave right about now. I'm exhausted and probably shouldnt have posted now before I rested. I made a mistake on the Dan White being Republican...I should have realized no Repub would EVER get elected in San Francisco. At any rate I'll be back tomorrow...swinging my axe at conservative idiocy. This Feinstein bill may not go but guess what? WE ARE WINNING. State by state, election by election. WE WILL take over the House next fall...and hold the senate. the NEXT congress will see the TRUE gun control legislation passed. Thank you Senator Feinstein ...first for being a personal role model to me, 2nd for fighting against gun insanity
- Senate’s possible 2016 hopefuls gambling that ISIS war will be unpopular soon Noah Rothman 11 mins ago
- Biden to women’s conference: I miss Republicans like Bob Packwood Ed Morrissey 51 mins ago
- Bob Beckel: Get ready for an October surprise, Republicans Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Cardinals clash over divorce, communion ahead of Vatican synod Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Josh Earnest: Ignore Obama’s military critics because they served under Bush Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Jobs plan from WI gubernatorial candidate looks mighty … familiar Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago