According to CNS News, the Department of Public Instruction in Wisconsin is “instructing” its white volunteers for VISTA to do a bit of self examination before they go to work with impoverished people of color. And apparently a good dose of guilt is what the department has in mind. (Never mind the ominous, Orwellian ring that the name “Department of Public Instruction” has to it.) The DPI apparently wants to raise its volunteers awareness that they are white and thus privileged, and should apparently be ashamed of it. How that builds espirit de corps, I don’t know. Depressed,...
Last story.. reminds me of the song from back then. "Come to my door baby, face is clean and shining black as night, my parents went to answer you know you looked so fine Now I can understand your tears and your shame, they called you boy instead of your name. When they wouldn't let you inside, when they turned and said but honey he's not our kind They said I can't see you any more baby, can't see you anymore. One of these days I'm gonna stop my listening gonna raise my head up high One of these days I'm gonna raise my glistening wings and fly but that day will have to wait for a while, baby I'm only Societies' child When we're older things may change, but for now it is the way they must remain, I can't see you anymore, baby......."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 10 hours ago