According to CNS News, the Department of Public Instruction in Wisconsin is “instructing” its white volunteers for VISTA to do a bit of self examination before they go to work with impoverished people of color. And apparently a good dose of guilt is what the department has in mind. (Never mind the ominous, Orwellian ring that the name “Department of Public Instruction” has to it.) The DPI apparently wants to raise its volunteers awareness that they are white and thus privileged, and should apparently be ashamed of it. How that builds espirit de corps, I don’t know. Depressed,...
Last story.. reminds me of the song from back then. "Come to my door baby, face is clean and shining black as night, my parents went to answer you know you looked so fine Now I can understand your tears and your shame, they called you boy instead of your name. When they wouldn't let you inside, when they turned and said but honey he's not our kind They said I can't see you any more baby, can't see you anymore. One of these days I'm gonna stop my listening gonna raise my head up high One of these days I'm gonna raise my glistening wings and fly but that day will have to wait for a while, baby I'm only Societies' child When we're older things may change, but for now it is the way they must remain, I can't see you anymore, baby......."
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 29 minutes ago
- A Trojan Horse on amnesty in the defense bill? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 16 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 17 hours ago