Escaping 'Government' Schools

MyBestEffort Wrote: Oct 02, 2013 7:39 AM
Here here!!!!!!! Hear would be better if we could get people that are not in the choir to comprehend what is happening inside the classroom.

Common Core For All

MyBestEffort Wrote: Oct 02, 2013 7:29 AM
Anyone interested in finding out what public education is really about should read this blog. http://invisibleserfscollar.com/ Written almost daily, the author, a lawyer and distinguished smart person, peels back the onion on the way Common Core, which is a dusted off version of Outcome Based Education on steroids. "They" want to change the attitude, behavior, and belief systems of our children to be citizens of the 21st century. Sounds ridiculous but I challenge you to spend a few days reading her blog and you will be horrified. And homeschoolers are not immune because of the curriculum requirements. Please check it out. The more people who truly understand what is really "transforming" our schools, the better.

Escaping 'Government' Schools

MyBestEffort Wrote: Oct 02, 2013 7:28 AM

After Obama

MyBestEffort Wrote: Apr 04, 2013 8:51 AM
I pray that it is that simple. However, after hearing 3 doctors from 3 different regions of the US who called in to Mark Levin's radio show, I think we will lose a lot of people, I mean dead. Ocare is EVERYTHING the "haters" said it would be and MORE. What these three men laid out was a very bad future for healthcare and those who become very sick., not to mention the scope of data collection on patients. Also, as one of the Docs pointed out, because of the way O care sets things up, a person who lives in Syracuse NY, may have to travel to NYC to a central location to receive his chemo treatments. It is a nightmare. The "I told you so" satisfaction is not worth the pain that is coming. I am truly frightened.

Don't Knox This 'Serious Network'

MyBestEffort Wrote: Apr 04, 2013 8:16 AM
If it was aired during the day, then in addition to the 15,002 people who watched it on purpose, there was the 2,000 of us innocents who are forced to watch CNN. It is on in EVERY DOCTOR'S WAITING ROOM in Atlanta, not to mention the airport. One Dr.'s office has a sign on it....DO NOT CHANGE THE CHANNEL. Brave souls have tried, but to no avail.
I understand the happiness of adults who want to share their love with each other, my problem is what about children. Girls who will never be able to call a woman "mommy". Will never be comforted as a child and then a teen by someone who can really relate to what they are physically feeling? Or a boy who also won't be comforted by a woman or be given advice from someone of the opposite sex that understands those of the same sex. Or the boy who will never see how men actually behave when they are under stress or happy or scared. Will not be held or comforted by a man who can share and relate to the changes that a boy undergoes. I am sorry, I am truly sympathetic to these same sex couples, but it is discrimination AGAINST children.

The Color-Blind Child of the 1960s

MyBestEffort Wrote: Mar 15, 2013 12:35 PM
Last story.. reminds me of the song from back then. "Come to my door baby, face is clean and shining black as night, my parents went to answer you know you looked so fine Now I can understand your tears and your shame, they called you boy instead of your name. When they wouldn't let you inside, when they turned and said but honey he's not our kind They said I can't see you any more baby, can't see you anymore. One of these days I'm gonna stop my listening gonna raise my head up high One of these days I'm gonna raise my glistening wings and fly but that day will have to wait for a while, baby I'm only Societies' child When we're older things may change, but for now it is the way they must remain, I can't see you anymore, baby......."
"Despite claims on a dozen blogs that Anwar Al-Awlaki was an innocent American teenager assassinated by a kill order, he was blown to his 72 Virgins because he was standing too close to an Al Qaeda leader. There was no due process involved because if you stand next to an Al Qaeda leader on a battlefield, you will die." SultanKnish. I don't know where he got his information, I am just passing it along. There is a fine line to be walked on the drone strike policy that began with the Bush Administration. There are blogs that do find it hard to believe that conservative blogs, having picked up this point of view on drone strikes, are sounding more like liberals. Another slippery slope.
"and Hispanics have a higher teen birthrate than any other ethnic group." The wonderful Cuban woman who cleans my house and her husband came here (what they told me) legally. They have been here for two years. Their 16 year old daughter was wooed by a 21 year old loser, and she has just given birth to a baby. The husband works in the Wine Store, she cleans houses, the baby daddy has no job, and now the new baby is on Medicaid.
Thank G-d my kids made it out of the "system" in one piece, but if I were raising a child today, I would home school. Katie, the proof is in the pudding. I enjoy reading your articles. BTW, I just read in People magazine that the Sexiest Man Alive this year, Ryan Gosling, was home schooled by his single mom. Apparently she did it because he was getting into fights at school. I applaud her for not sending him to an "alternative" school and dealing with it herself.