But wait. While they play the conventional game of aspiration, certain scholars and economists, and hundreds of thousands of "concerned citizens" have initiated a...
A friend of mine's son is pre-med at George Washington. He has been complaining to his mother that he is not getting the education they are paying for and is looking to transfer.
The last of the college applications have been rewritten, tweaked and polished, and at last entrusted to the tender mercies of the U.S. Mail or the Internet. Fretting over deadlines morphs into waiting, and yearning, wishing and praying for coveted letters of acceptance. This is the annual crisis in thousands of homes with ambitious high school seniors -- the high school seniors and their parents who still believe that college is the route to the American Dream.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 12 hours ago