But wait. While they play the conventional game of aspiration, certain scholars and economists, and hundreds of thousands of "concerned citizens" have initiated a...
A friend of mine's son is pre-med at George Washington. He has been complaining to his mother that he is not getting the education they are paying for and is looking to transfer.
The last of the college applications have been rewritten, tweaked and polished, and at last entrusted to the tender mercies of the U.S. Mail or the Internet. Fretting over deadlines morphs into waiting, and yearning, wishing and praying for coveted letters of acceptance. This is the annual crisis in thousands of homes with ambitious high school seniors -- the high school seniors and their parents who still believe that college is the route to the American Dream.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 6 hours ago