The Republican controlled Michigan legislature passed right-to-work legislation late Tuesday morning as union members loudly protested inside and outside of the Capitol in Lansing. Michigan Democrat Rep. Douglas Geiss threatened on the House floor this morning "there would be blood" if the legislation passed. Riot police have been on the scene since early this morning bracing for violence.
The Michigan House Democrats reiterated their threat on their Twitter page, but have since deleted it.
- ICE has the chance to catch Jose Antonio Vargas RIGHT NOW Jazz Shaw 43 minutes ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago