The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported last Tuesday that employers issued 1,316 "mass layoff actions" (affecting 50 workers or more) in September; more than 122,000 workers were affected overall. USA Today financial reporter Matt Krantz wrote that "(m)uch of the recent layoff activity is connected to what's been the slowest period of earnings growth since the third quarter...
just more reasons of why,regardless of how he handles (the latest crisis we can't let go to waste)sandy,we can't give him four more years. Are people really that myopic to base everything on one event?
In June, a diffident and self-deluded President Obama claimed that "the private sector is doing fine." Last week, the private sector responded: Speak for yourself, buster. Who needs an "October Surprise" when the business headlines are broadcasting the imminent layoff bomb in neon lights?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 10 hours ago