Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
" If someone comes to your house with a gun and you do not have a gun, who is likely going to be a likely winner?" Umm, lemme think, now, what is this, 3 guesses and the first two don't count? Hey, I don't like the 2nd amendment for so many reasons. I won't bother with my list, but suffice it to say that because of it I have a firearm in my home for my defense. The 2nd amendment should NEVER been written as a choice, but rather as a LEGAL REQUIREMENT as a right to LIFE. Law Enforcement, by default, is not capable of defending any and all. The ultimate requirement for self-defense, from the cave-man days has ALWAYS been that the Cave-Man defend himself in the best manner in his power. I suggest that THIS is REQUIREMENT is MOST important,
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014