Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
How can you reconcile this with "Freedom Of Choice"? Read the "Bill Of Rights"! In it, do you SEE **ANY** reference to "chemicals of choice"? I don't. Prohibition went down the tubes because there was NO correlation between IT and the "Bill Of Rights". Quite frankly, I am quite surprised at the abuses agaist the "Bill Of Rights" today about which the government should have NO concern. At present, they try to limit free speech, possession of firearms, and, what, now natural chemical "abuse"? Give me a BREAK, PLEASE!!!!
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 19 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey Apr 20, 2014