Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
How can you reconcile this with "Freedom Of Choice"? Read the "Bill Of Rights"! In it, do you SEE **ANY** reference to "chemicals of choice"? I don't. Prohibition went down the tubes because there was NO correlation between IT and the "Bill Of Rights". Quite frankly, I am quite surprised at the abuses agaist the "Bill Of Rights" today about which the government should have NO concern. At present, they try to limit free speech, possession of firearms, and, what, now natural chemical "abuse"? Give me a BREAK, PLEASE!!!!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 30 mins ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 3 hours ago