Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
How can you reconcile this with "Freedom Of Choice"? Read the "Bill Of Rights"! In it, do you SEE **ANY** reference to "chemicals of choice"? I don't. Prohibition went down the tubes because there was NO correlation between IT and the "Bill Of Rights". Quite frankly, I am quite surprised at the abuses agaist the "Bill Of Rights" today about which the government should have NO concern. At present, they try to limit free speech, possession of firearms, and, what, now natural chemical "abuse"? Give me a BREAK, PLEASE!!!!
- US to give up control over Internet Ed Morrissey 51 minutes ago
- Flight 370 dropped to 5,000 feet to evade radar Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Crimea declares independence, applies for Russian reunion Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago