Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
How can you reconcile this with "Freedom Of Choice"? Read the "Bill Of Rights"! In it, do you SEE **ANY** reference to "chemicals of choice"? I don't. Prohibition went down the tubes because there was NO correlation between IT and the "Bill Of Rights". Quite frankly, I am quite surprised at the abuses agaist the "Bill Of Rights" today about which the government should have NO concern. At present, they try to limit free speech, possession of firearms, and, what, now natural chemical "abuse"? Give me a BREAK, PLEASE!!!!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Feds put kibosh on self-driving cars, plane sharing Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- It’s come to this: The War on Bacon is real Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- America in crisis: Should airline passengers be allowed to use “Knee Defender” to stop seats from reclining? Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Mitt Romney: Sure, there’s a chance I’ll run again Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Rubio sends letter to Obama: This executive amnesty will destroy immigration reform for the foreseeable future Allahpundit 10 hours ago