Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
How can you reconcile this with "Freedom Of Choice"? Read the "Bill Of Rights"! In it, do you SEE **ANY** reference to "chemicals of choice"? I don't. Prohibition went down the tubes because there was NO correlation between IT and the "Bill Of Rights". Quite frankly, I am quite surprised at the abuses agaist the "Bill Of Rights" today about which the government should have NO concern. At present, they try to limit free speech, possession of firearms, and, what, now natural chemical "abuse"? Give me a BREAK, PLEASE!!!!
- Intelligence warned Obama of ISIS since 2012? Ed Morrissey 44 mins ago
- Obama Takes Media Heat For Shifting Blame On ISIL Gabriel Malor 1 hour ago
- Turkish parliament to vote on joining anti-ISIS coalition Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- SCOTUS blocks extended early voting options in Ohio Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- US, Afghanistan sign security agreement; 9800 US troops to stay Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago