A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
"Sure - ANYONE who drives on public highways, goes to public school, breathes clean air, drinks clean water, doesn't die from food poisoning, goes to court, calls the police or fire department." And where is any of that provided for in The Constiutution? And don't bother with the rest. Your belief that people aren't dying from food poisoning, dirty air & water i nonsense. And Police and Fire Protection are purely municipal services. "You really ought to move to Somalia - it's just the libertarian paradise you so dream of." And you ought to move to North Korea or Cuba, mindless idiot, then you can have all the statism your heart desires.
- Issa releases scathing report on Lerner Ed Morrissey 24 minutes ago
- Obama: Health insurance isn’t expensive – just cancel cable and phones Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Washington, Europe getting serious about Russia sanctions over Crimea? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Scarborough: FL-13 upset shows 2014 will be “historic” Dem loss Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- NBC/WSJ poll shows Obama approval at new low of 41% Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago