Sequestration would force the government to reduce discretionary spending by about $1.2 trillion over the next decade. Roughly half of that, or $600 billion, would come from defense -- a...
Do you have a clue what Flag Officers do? Are you aware that we have more Flag Officers NOW then we did in 1945? The late Col. Hackworth had plenty to say about waste in the DOD.
Republicans, and many Democrats, are upset by the prospect of so-called sequestration cuts to the nation's defense budget. Pentagon chief Leon Panetta is so alarmed that the day before the Senate took up what became the "fiscal cliff" agreement, he called a key Republican lawmaker, Sen. Lindsey Graham, to express deep concern that the cuts might go into effect. As it turned out, Congress put them off for two months.
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Look how the Export-Import Bank is using your tax money Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 19 hours ago