For the first time in Gallup trends since 2000, a majority of Americans say it is not the federal government's responsibility to make sure all Americans have healthcare coverage. Prior to 2009, a majority always felt the government should ensure healthcare coverage for all, though Americans' views have become more divided in recent years...Republicans, including Republican-leaning independents, are mostly responsible for the drop since 2007 in Americans' support for government...
In response to:
"For a party started by intellectual elites they now have a base that act like Kindergarteners in the school yard." Kindergartners in a school yard? Like a bunch of progs screeching "Gimmee, Gimmee, Gimmee, Mine, Mine, Mine?! Good Lord, you progs are stupid.
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 27 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Will 2014 be the year that Jews support the GOP? Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Flashpoint Hong Kong: China rules out democracy for the former British territory Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- Your tax dollars at work: PBS to air pro-abortion “After Tiller” movie tomorrow Dustin Siggins 17 hours ago
- NFL Regular Season open thread Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago