For the first time in Gallup trends since 2000, a majority of Americans say it is not the federal government's responsibility to make sure all Americans have healthcare coverage. Prior to 2009, a majority always felt the government should ensure healthcare coverage for all, though Americans' views have become more divided in recent years...Republicans, including Republican-leaning independents, are mostly responsible for the drop since 2007 in Americans' support for government...
In response to:
"For a party started by intellectual elites they now have a base that act like Kindergarteners in the school yard." Kindergartners in a school yard? Like a bunch of progs screeching "Gimmee, Gimmee, Gimmee, Mine, Mine, Mine?! Good Lord, you progs are stupid.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 13 hours ago