For the first time in Gallup trends since 2000, a majority of Americans say it is not the federal government's responsibility to make sure all Americans have healthcare coverage. Prior to 2009, a majority always felt the government should ensure healthcare coverage for all, though Americans' views have become more divided in recent years...Republicans, including Republican-leaning independents, are mostly responsible for the drop since 2007 in Americans' support for government...
In response to:
"For a party started by intellectual elites they now have a base that act like Kindergarteners in the school yard." Kindergartners in a school yard? Like a bunch of progs screeching "Gimmee, Gimmee, Gimmee, Mine, Mine, Mine?! Good Lord, you progs are stupid.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Carney: Why no, Obama does not regret being dismissive of Mitt Romney on Russia Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Brutal: Just one in 10 uninsured who qualify for ObamaCare exchange plans has signed up Allahpundit 12 hours ago