For the first time in Gallup trends since 2000, a majority of Americans say it is not the federal government's responsibility to make sure all Americans have healthcare coverage. Prior to 2009, a majority always felt the government should ensure healthcare coverage for all, though Americans' views have become more divided in recent years...Republicans, including Republican-leaning independents, are mostly responsible for the drop since 2007 in Americans' support for government...
In response to:
"So, itsallaboutyou, HOW DOES the PPACA "intrude" on your life?" You mean it REQUIRES a citizen, by law, to purchase insurance that they may not want or need, or pay a fine?
- Video: Alabama widows kicked off of insurance because of ObamaCare Ed Morrissey 19 minutes ago
- Putin: Yeah, we had soldiers in Crimea before the plebiscite Ed Morrissey 59 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago