For the first time in Gallup trends since 2000, a majority of Americans say it is not the federal government's responsibility to make sure all Americans have healthcare coverage. Prior to 2009, a majority always felt the government should ensure healthcare coverage for all, though Americans' views have become more divided in recent years...Republicans, including Republican-leaning independents, are mostly responsible for the drop since 2007 in Americans' support for government...
In response to:
"Mudbrain, you're comparing the greatest expansion in access to health care in 50 years to slavery?" Read it S L O W L Y skippy. I'm saying that your pretense that it's law at this time doesn't make it inviolate. And your claim that it's "the greatest expansion in access to health care in 50 years" is nothing but a talking point. What it really isa a HUGE expanse of Government. " It's not worth my time to "debate" you as you're just a run-of-the-mill ideologue operating on a single-minded objective of defending Republicans and trashing Democrats regardless of facts and truth." Yet here you are. Cont.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 10 hours ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago