For the first time in Gallup trends since 2000, a majority of Americans say it is not the federal government's responsibility to make sure all Americans have healthcare coverage. Prior to 2009, a majority always felt the government should ensure healthcare coverage for all, though Americans' views have become more divided in recent years...Republicans, including Republican-leaning independents, are mostly responsible for the drop since 2007 in Americans' support for government...
In response to:
"Mudbrain, you're comparing the greatest expansion in access to health care in 50 years to slavery?" Read it S L O W L Y skippy. I'm saying that your pretense that it's law at this time doesn't make it inviolate. And your claim that it's "the greatest expansion in access to health care in 50 years" is nothing but a talking point. What it really isa a HUGE expanse of Government. " It's not worth my time to "debate" you as you're just a run-of-the-mill ideologue operating on a single-minded objective of defending Republicans and trashing Democrats regardless of facts and truth." Yet here you are. Cont.
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 8 mins ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 57 mins ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Liberal magazine cautions journalists WH playing them with shutdown fears, is ignored Noah Rothman 3 hours ago