For the first time in Gallup trends since 2000, a majority of Americans say it is not the federal government's responsibility to make sure all Americans have healthcare coverage. Prior to 2009, a majority always felt the government should ensure healthcare coverage for all, though Americans' views have become more divided in recent years...Republicans, including Republican-leaning independents, are mostly responsible for the drop since 2007 in Americans' support for government...
In response to:
The voices in your head don't comprose a majority, LOSER.
- Biden to women’s conference: I miss Republicans like Bob Packwood Ed Morrissey 1 min ago
- Bob Beckel: Get ready for an October surprise, Republicans Allahpundit 41 mins ago
- Cardinals clash over divorce, communion ahead of Vatican synod Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Josh Earnest: Ignore Obama’s military critics because they served under Bush Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Jobs plan from WI gubernatorial candidate looks mighty … familiar Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Exonerated, Chris Christie taunts the press by embracing Roger Goodell Noah Rothman 3 hours ago