A one-year extension of the employee-side payroll tax cut was passed in December of 2011. It's scheduled to lapse along with the other fiscal cliff policies in 2012. This is a particularly popular tax cut because it goes by and large...
In response to:
"Dutch Reagan was a horrible human being for doing away with free gov-ment cheese." Tell that to all the people who didn't need free gov-ment cheese because they had a paying job, you idiot.
The coming fiscal cliff's mix of tax hikes and spending cuts are projected to seriously hamper economic growth over the next two years, and Congressional leaders would be wise to negotiate fixes for the problems. One of the more popular potential fixes, however, is only going to hasten the coming entitlement crisis by worsening the finances of Social Security.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 10 hours ago