What President Obama has been pushing for, and moving toward, is more insidious: government control of the economy, while leaving ownership in private hands. That way, politicians get to call the shots but, when their bright ideas lead to disaster, they...
I was going to say the same thing to Anon16936. He's falling (slightly) into the liberal trapping that, unless you attend some Ivy tower institute of higher education, you can't possibly know the "complexities" of the markets and government. But Obama's disdain for our system, that still [mostly] respects the individual over the state, can be spotted a mile away by even the most modest of individuals in this great country.
It bothers me a little when conservatives call Barack Obama a "socialist." He certainly is an enemy of the free market, and wants politicians and bureaucrats to make the fundamental decisions about the economy. But that does not mean that he wants government ownership of the means of production, which has long been a standard definition of socialism.
- CPAC: Winners, losers, or just a debate? Ed Morrissey 44 minutes ago
- Senate Democrats plan all-night global-warming talkathon in support of … er … Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Mystery of Flight 370 deepens Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Gates: Crimea is gone Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago