For many years conservatives have...
In response to:
I hate to b a downer, but the main reason conservatives don't go for journalism is that is not a career for someone with family values: it is extremely hard to support a family on what all but a few top journalists are paid, and you can't be a decent investigative reporter on the mommy track. I suppose that a young who graduates from college can work in journalism for a few years until she settles down int he suburbs with the cute guy who does sells life insurance or does marketing at Quaker Oats, but that means she quits before she has any influence over the product.
For the next few weeks pundits, political consultants, activists and everyone else will be offering their reasons for why Republicans not only lost the presidential election, but several important Senate and House seats. Republicans of every stripe lost, so I don’t see this as a tea party versus the establishment scenario. People smarter and with more experience in electoral politics will talk about the candidates’ flaws and demographic realities. However, in seeing the exit polls and talking to friends who are not politically-inclined, one thing became clear to me: The media defined this election.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Again: Exactly which elite, liberal institution does have to live up to the Left’s values? Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Detroit suspends water shut-offs for 15 days Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Through the looking glass: White House that loves using anonymous sources upset at being attacked by anonymous sources Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: The angriest atheist Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Police protect Jewish students from Pro-Palestinian mob…in Boston Guy Benson 12 hours ago