For many years conservatives have...
In response to:
I hate to b a downer, but the main reason conservatives don't go for journalism is that is not a career for someone with family values: it is extremely hard to support a family on what all but a few top journalists are paid, and you can't be a decent investigative reporter on the mommy track. I suppose that a young who graduates from college can work in journalism for a few years until she settles down int he suburbs with the cute guy who does sells life insurance or does marketing at Quaker Oats, but that means she quits before she has any influence over the product.
For the next few weeks pundits, political consultants, activists and everyone else will be offering their reasons for why Republicans not only lost the presidential election, but several important Senate and House seats. Republicans of every stripe lost, so I don’t see this as a tea party versus the establishment scenario. People smarter and with more experience in electoral politics will talk about the candidates’ flaws and demographic realities. However, in seeing the exit polls and talking to friends who are not politically-inclined, one thing became clear to me: The media defined this election.
- Gallup’s clickbait: Obama’s still pretty popular among … Ed Morrissey 31 minutes ago
- Why aren’t Boehner and the House suing Obama over immigration? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- New Economist/YouGov poll shows Hobby Lobby impact on Supreme Court approval Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Liberal columnist calls out the ‘secret war on black Republicans’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Immigration advocates mad that feds might let young illegals choose deportation voluntarily Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Kurds seize two oil fields, pull out of Iraqi government Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago