I would love to believe that liberalism is dead or dying, but that view is hopelessly naïve. A few years ago, conservatism was pronounced dead (as it has been many times) and even many conservatives believed it. I knew better. A world view encompasses all of one’s value system. As long as the people who have those values live, the world view will remain. Liberalism won’t die any more than sin will die. Liberalism is an attitude of entitlement, envy and harbored grudges. Where ever there are people, there will be those with these attitudes. Conservatism honors self-determination, personal freedom and respect for others property. These values, also, will prevail. (continued below)
WASHINGTON -- Here I am on the campaign trail, frenetically promoting my book, "The Death of Liberalism." I appear on scores of radio interviews, in and out of the studio. I appear on Fox News and C-SPAN. I hardly have time for dinner, but it could be more demanding still. I could be invited to appear on mainstream media, as it is still quaintly called. Yet I am not. ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, and MSNBC do not call. I, the editor of a major magazine from the right that has been around for 45 years, have written a book arguing that...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 6 hours ago