As a public finance economist, I normally focus on big-picture arguments against excessive government.
If the public sector is too large, for instance, that undermines economic growth by diverting resources from the productive sector of the economy.
But I’ve also discovered that it helps to personalize the analysis by pointing out examples of ridiculous and wasteful behavior by government.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- World Jewish Congress president asks, “Who will stand up for the Christians?” Ed Morrissey 32 mins ago
- Police sources to NYT: Witnesses, forensics prove Wilson sustained an injury during his confrontation with Michael Brown Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- White House knew ISIS planned to kill James Foley Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Report: Qatar scuttled Gaza cease-fire for not having seat at Cairo table Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- White House now leaning on Eric Holder to play the role of racial healer? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- WaPo: Was Foley’s killer a former Gitmo detainee? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago