As a public finance economist, I normally focus on big-picture arguments against excessive government.
If the public sector is too large, for instance, that undermines economic growth by diverting resources from the productive sector of the economy.
But I’ve also discovered that it helps to personalize the analysis by pointing out examples of ridiculous and wasteful behavior by government.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Report: Energy production on federal lands is still declining Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Maybe Democrats should be more worried about their own billionaire allies Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Boehner reassures GOP donors: I’m “hellbent” on passing immigration reform this year Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Inside the leak of the Tsarnaev capture photos Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- New Hillary memoir to be titled “Hard Choices”? Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Protip from Reid: Bundy supporters are “domestic terrorists,” y’know Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago