Since Barack Obama's re-election, hundreds...
Why not a mututal defense treaty among the states? We could have something like the UN only instead of being a United Nations, it would be a United States. Oh, wait, we already did that. See, this is what the USA was supposed to be. A group of sovreign states united for mutual defense. The only problem is, the administrative arm of the United States (the federal governmet) began to see itself as the supreme ruler and dictator.
For decades, it has been obvious that there are irreconcilable differences between Americans who want to control the lives of others and those who wish to be left alone. Which is the more peaceful solution: Americans using the brute force of government to beat liberty-minded people into submission or simply parting company? In a marriage, where vows are ignored and broken, divorce is the most peaceful solution. Similarly, our constitutional and human rights have been increasingly violated by a government instituted to protect them. Americans who support constitutional abrogation have no intention of mending their ways.
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 13:1–23 Ed Morrissey 42 minutes ago
- ICE has the chance to catch Jose Antonio Vargas RIGHT NOW Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago