Since Barack Obama's re-election, hundreds...
Why not a mututal defense treaty among the states? We could have something like the UN only instead of being a United Nations, it would be a United States. Oh, wait, we already did that. See, this is what the USA was supposed to be. A group of sovreign states united for mutual defense. The only problem is, the administrative arm of the United States (the federal governmet) began to see itself as the supreme ruler and dictator.
For decades, it has been obvious that there are irreconcilable differences between Americans who want to control the lives of others and those who wish to be left alone. Which is the more peaceful solution: Americans using the brute force of government to beat liberty-minded people into submission or simply parting company? In a marriage, where vows are ignored and broken, divorce is the most peaceful solution. Similarly, our constitutional and human rights have been increasingly violated by a government instituted to protect them. Americans who support constitutional abrogation have no intention of mending their ways.
- Dems fret that ISIS will force America to return to Iraq Noah Rothman 41 mins ago
- Video: Don Lemon claims “most people” can buy automatic weapons in America Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: The shooting of Kajieme Powell Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Perry grand juror also a Texas Democratic Party delegate? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Sen. Bernie Sanders confronted by constituents: ‘F*** Israel!’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Obama not grasping the seriousness of the Foley murder, says … Chris Matthews? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago