In an ideal world, Roe v. Wade -- perhaps the most insidious Supreme Court ruling since the infamous Dred Scott decision in 1857 -- would be overturned. And contrary to what most leftists assert, however, this does not necessarily mean that abortion would be universally prohibited and illegal. For example, before Roe became the law of the land in 1973, abortion was permissible in certain states. The legality of abortion, then, should be decided by individuals at the state level -- at least in the short-term -- not by a High Court of un-elected, unaccountable judges in Washington. This would...
It’s been said Liberals control the narrative in the culture wars. Conservatives play into this when we say “unborn” instead of “preborn”, “gay” instead of “homosexual” and “African-American” instead of “black”. An intrauterine child is not “unborn”. When something is “un” we think of a permanent state. An unsophisticated person is boorish, an uneducated person is ignorant, etc. A “preborn” person is one waiting at the gate, ready to enter the world, and in a state of expectation. When I hear the term “unborn” it reminds me of Zombie movies where the term “undead” is used to describe someone in a permanent state of “un-ness”. Not dead, but not alive either. Continued below...
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 50 mins ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: Biggest insurer in MN pulling out of state exchange Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- House passes bill authorizing Obama to train Syria’s “moderate” rebels, with most Republicans voting yes Allahpundit 4 hours ago