In an ideal world, Roe v. Wade -- perhaps the most insidious Supreme Court ruling since the infamous Dred Scott decision in 1857 -- would be overturned. And contrary to what most leftists assert, however, this does not necessarily mean that abortion would be universally prohibited and illegal. For example, before Roe became the law of the land in 1973, abortion was permissible in certain states. The legality of abortion, then, should be decided by individuals at the state level -- at least in the short-term -- not by a High Court of un-elected, unaccountable judges in Washington. This would...
It’s been said Liberals control the narrative in the culture wars. Conservatives play into this when we say “unborn” instead of “preborn”, “gay” instead of “homosexual” and “African-American” instead of “black”. An intrauterine child is not “unborn”. When something is “un” we think of a permanent state. An unsophisticated person is boorish, an uneducated person is ignorant, etc. A “preborn” person is one waiting at the gate, ready to enter the world, and in a state of expectation. When I hear the term “unborn” it reminds me of Zombie movies where the term “undead” is used to describe someone in a permanent state of “un-ness”. Not dead, but not alive either. Continued below...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 7 hours ago