While we’re at it, let’s target some of the ridiculous salaries earned by television stars and athletes. According to Wikipedia, Bill O’Reilly grossed $20 million for year ending 2010. Top athletes Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquaio, and Tiger Woods earned $85 million, $62 million and $59 million respectively for 2011. To quote our president, I think these four people have “made enough money”. They make enough in ONE YEAR, for 25 families to live quite well on their entire lives. No wonder O’Reilly says he would happily pay more in taxes! Forget those small business owners making $250 K per year. How about those making $20 MILLION per year!!!
In the name of shared sacrifice, it’s time to impose a tax on the $7 billion in box office receipts that Hollywood generates.
- Obama: I don’t watch the news because I usually already know the stuff they’re reporting Allahpundit 43 minutes ago
- Perdue grabs surprise runoff victory over Kingston in Georgia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Putin signals total disregard for the West as rebels take down two more Ukrainian planes Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- US intel: MH17 missile an SA-11 fired from eastern Ukraine Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- White House giving up fight over Obamacare’s contraception mandate? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Kerry arrives in Israel for cease-fire talks Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago