No one said that makes it right. But it does show that America is by no means the “single boogeyman” who created a terrible evil and is the lone representative of that evil. Slavery is not an “American” evil. It is a “Human” evil for which all mankind is responsible.
Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" has been a box-office hit and nominated for 12 Academy Awards, including best picture, best director and best actor for Daniel Day-Lewis, who portrayed our 16th president. I haven't seen the movie; therefore, this column is not about the movie but about a man deified by many. My colleague Thomas DiLorenzo, economics professor at Loyola University Maryland, exposed some of the Lincoln myth in his 2006 book, "Lincoln Unmasked." Now comes Joseph Fallon, cultural intelligence analyst and former U.S. Army Intelligence Center instructor, with his new e-book, "Lincoln Uncensored." Fallon's book examines 10 volumes of collected writings and...
- July Crisis: Ukraine alleges a Russian military officer pulled the trigger on MH17 Noah Rothman 43 minutes ago
- NYT: Hobby Lobby part of “this summer of a violent God” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Pelosi confronted over whether Obama is ‘angry enough’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- D.C. Circuit guts ObamaCare: Consumers in federal exchange are ineligible for subsidies Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- MSNBC: Say, that Hillary Clinton book tour was a big mistake, huh? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Never the commander-in-chief Noah Rothman 4 hours ago