No one said that makes it right. But it does show that America is by no means the “single boogeyman” who created a terrible evil and is the lone representative of that evil. Slavery is not an “American” evil. It is a “Human” evil for which all mankind is responsible.
Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" has been a box-office hit and nominated for 12 Academy Awards, including best picture, best director and best actor for Daniel Day-Lewis, who portrayed our 16th president. I haven't seen the movie; therefore, this column is not about the movie but about a man deified by many. My colleague Thomas DiLorenzo, economics professor at Loyola University Maryland, exposed some of the Lincoln myth in his 2006 book, "Lincoln Unmasked." Now comes Joseph Fallon, cultural intelligence analyst and former U.S. Army Intelligence Center instructor, with his new e-book, "Lincoln Uncensored." Fallon's book examines 10 volumes of collected writings and...
- Ruth Bader Ginsberg to liberals: You really think Obama can replace me? Noah Rothman 21 mins ago
- Building blocks of the GOP Senate majority coming together Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Jim Webb: I’m seriously thinking of running for president as a Democrat Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Climate change so important that cable news ignored Obama’s UN speech Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Bill O’Reilly: Why not raise a 25,000-man global mercenary army to fight ISIS? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Semi-retired president now saluting Marines with coffee in hand Allahpundit 3 hours ago