As a Republican, I found his remarks offensive and inaccurate. Angry, old and white -- those words apply to Sragow, too. I've known him for years as a Democratic operative, an attorney...
OK, you were making a fairly good argument about not having academia controlled by a fear of someone secretly taping your lecture but you fell off the edge with your comments about how O'Keefe "ridicule[d] ACORN by tricking low-level staffers into saying stupid things." Aiding and abetting someone to commit multiple felonies is now equivalent to "saying stupid things"?
USC lecturer Darry Sragow dismissed California Republicans as "really stupid," "racist" and "angry old white people" before his political science class last fall. Those remarks wouldn't be news -- except that student Tyler Talgo secretly videotaped Sragow, and the bias-watchdog group Campus Reform posted 15 minutes of excerpts from the 2 1/2-hour class, which the Drudge Report picked up. That turned Sragow into a chew toy for cable news pundits.
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 40 mins ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 21 hours ago