In response to:
In all this finger pointing and commentary I haven't heard one person discuss the fact that our healthcare system got screwed when some high ho muckety muck decided to take the responsibility of our health out of our hands and place them squarely in the hands of the insurance companies. For example, you get sick, you go to the doc, they ask you for your insurance card. If you don't have one you don't get care. If you do have one you only have to pay a copay of say $20. Sounds like a bargain right? So what the heck, if healthcare is that cheap why not behave irresponsibly and eat, drink, smoke, sit on our butts and allow our health to decline. After all it's a cheap fix ($20) right? So what if the system decided to change (ahhhh, there's tha
The reason that President Obama uses teleprompters, even when addressing elementary school children, is because he cannot help but reveal who he is and what he believes during moments that involve real spontaneity. He no doubt wishes that he had gotten a “mulligan” for that line that he inadvertently delivered: “you did not build that business”, but it says so much about the man, his agenda, and why he feels the moral superiority to enact it.
Some dismissed the comment, while others called it a Freudian slip. But devotees of Freud maintain that a “slip” is actually caused by an...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- 2014’s ‘Clinton Democrats’ crashing and burning Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- The Democrats’ embarrassing attempt to blame Republican for Ebola collapses Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- NFL Week 7 open thread Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago