A leading Democrat in the U.S. Senate said the bones of an immigration reform bill will remain in place despite some anticipated tweaks. Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin, D-Ill., said some adjustments to the bipartisan measure were inevitable but the "basic agreement" needed to remain intact. "We have got to basically stick to the standard of what we've established, what we've agreed over the last three months,"...
The reason the Dems oppose amendments to the bill is because they don't care whether it passes or not, either way they get something they want. If it passes they get millions of new Democrat voters overnight. If it doesn't pass they can use it to stir-up pro-amnesty voters in 2014.
Sen. Dick Durbin -- Harry Reid's top lieutenant and one of four Democrats in the so-called 'gang of eight' -- says root-and-branch amendments to the proposed immigration legislation would be a non-starter:
- Israel shoots down Hamas drone as escalation continues Ed Morrissey 13 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 18 hours ago