Lately it's been the latter. During his acceptance speech at the Republican convention, Mitt Romney faulted President Barack Obama because "gasoline prices have doubled" on his watch, while lamenting the plight of a hard-pressed American "watching the gas pump hit $50." Message: You won't...
LOL, My chapman is still very ignorant when it comes to economics. I guess he is from the Krugman school of economics. Ok My chapman, i will type slowly so even you can understand. Higher supply = lower prices. Its elementary economics. Obviously the increase in domestic oil production (all on private lands btw) has not matched the increase in world demand. If we were allowed int he US to produce as much as we can, no doubt the world supply would increase and price would fall. But like a broken clock that is right twice per day, Mr Chapman is right that the global recession helped to cause prices to drop, why because DEMAND fell. Duh. So Mr Chapman, if supply has no impact on prices as you implied, why does the price goes up when OPEC
If there is any issue you can be sure will come up during a presidential election campaign, it's gasoline prices. They are simple, important and plainly visible to anyone who drives. They're the classic pocketbook issue: When prices are low or at least falling, voters somehow feel better than when prices are high or rising.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 4 hours ago