When Luttrell cast the deciding vote to turn loose the farmers who had stumbled upon him and...
As a retired Navy Commander with prior enlisted time, I've been watching my Navy deteriorate in many ways, as has our military generally. The actual impact won't be felt until they have to save our butts, then we'll see what these civilian "military experts" have wrought. The Romans went through something similar but sobered up when Hanibal and his elephants threatened Rome, putting the kick-a** Scipio brothers in charge, resulting in the Punic Wars. I just hope we have time enough to recover.
In Lone Survivor, a chilling, firsthand account of the loss of eleven members of the Navy’s elite Sea, Air, Land (SEAL) Team and eight Army aviators, Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell describes the fateful decision that led to disaster for him and death for his comrades. It came down to a judgment call about whether to risk prosecution and jail-time for doing whatever it took to complete their mission, or to allow three Afghan goatherds to rat out his unit to the Taliban.
- The value in silence: disconnection and recollection Ed Morrissey 53 minutes ago
- Semi-retired president reluctantly decides now’s not the time for a Jimmy Kimmel guest shot Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Madeleine Albright: Hamas putting civilians in line of fire hurts Israel’s ‘moral authority’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- FAA orders 24-hour moratorium on US to Tel Aviv over missile worries Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Raffi Williams, Dustin Siggins, William Jacobson Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Conservatives get a big 2014 boost from ‘fatal blow’ to Obamacare Noah Rothman 3 hours ago