When Luttrell cast the deciding vote to turn loose the farmers who had stumbled upon him and...
As a retired Navy Commander with prior enlisted time, I've been watching my Navy deteriorate in many ways, as has our military generally. The actual impact won't be felt until they have to save our butts, then we'll see what these civilian "military experts" have wrought. The Romans went through something similar but sobered up when Hanibal and his elephants threatened Rome, putting the kick-a** Scipio brothers in charge, resulting in the Punic Wars. I just hope we have time enough to recover.
In Lone Survivor, a chilling, firsthand account of the loss of eleven members of the Navy’s elite Sea, Air, Land (SEAL) Team and eight Army aviators, Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell describes the fateful decision that led to disaster for him and death for his comrades. It came down to a judgment call about whether to risk prosecution and jail-time for doing whatever it took to complete their mission, or to allow three Afghan goatherds to rat out his unit to the Taliban.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago