When Luttrell cast the deciding vote to turn loose the farmers who had stumbled upon him and...
As a retired Navy Commander with prior enlisted time, I've been watching my Navy deteriorate in many ways, as has our military generally. The actual impact won't be felt until they have to save our butts, then we'll see what these civilian "military experts" have wrought. The Romans went through something similar but sobered up when Hanibal and his elephants threatened Rome, putting the kick-a** Scipio brothers in charge, resulting in the Punic Wars. I just hope we have time enough to recover.
In Lone Survivor, a chilling, firsthand account of the loss of eleven members of the Navy’s elite Sea, Air, Land (SEAL) Team and eight Army aviators, Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell describes the fateful decision that led to disaster for him and death for his comrades. It came down to a judgment call about whether to risk prosecution and jail-time for doing whatever it took to complete their mission, or to allow three Afghan goatherds to rat out his unit to the Taliban.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Brave cat jumps from fiery collapsing building, saves no one but himself Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- D.C. cabs companies blame ride-sharing for loss of revenue Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Pew poll: Majority of Republicans think GOP isn’t doing a good job on spending, immigration, and gay marriage Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsberg to liberals: You really think Obama can replace me? Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Building blocks of the GOP Senate majority coming together Noah Rothman 5 hours ago