Wendy60 wrote: The neoconservatives are the reason why Boehner is not putting up a fight. The neocons do the thinking for the Republican leadership on all matters of strategy and morality in politics. Boehner wouldn't take a dump if the neocons told him not to, and if they told him to do so, he would strain for hours. Neocons want tax increases, because paying higher taxes is a sacrifice. Neocons believe that the little people have to be forced into sacrificing for the "collective self," i.e., the state, because that is the only way to preserve the social order. What they...
The government SPENDS (ie entitlements, foreign aid, bailouts, "green energy" failures etc) MORE THAN IT TAKES IN, COMPRENDE? Now you will see that when you raise taxes on the so-called rich, they will fold up their tents and take their money elsewhere. There just aren't enough of those rich folks to go around , even if you take ALL of their money. See then they let their employees go and they don't have jobs and you can't take their employers money anymore and you have fewer people paying taxes period. This administration is going to raise taxes on EVERYBODY, then it can give it to the people who don't work and don't pay any taxes. That's fair no?
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago