Wendy60 wrote: The neoconservatives are the reason why Boehner is not putting up a fight. The neocons do the thinking for the Republican leadership on all matters of strategy and morality in politics. Boehner wouldn't take a dump if the neocons told him not to, and if they told him to do so, he would strain for hours. Neocons want tax increases, because paying higher taxes is a sacrifice. Neocons believe that the little people have to be forced into sacrificing for the "collective self," i.e., the state, because that is the only way to preserve the social order. What they...
The government SPENDS (ie entitlements, foreign aid, bailouts, "green energy" failures etc) MORE THAN IT TAKES IN, COMPRENDE? Now you will see that when you raise taxes on the so-called rich, they will fold up their tents and take their money elsewhere. There just aren't enough of those rich folks to go around , even if you take ALL of their money. See then they let their employees go and they don't have jobs and you can't take their employers money anymore and you have fewer people paying taxes period. This administration is going to raise taxes on EVERYBODY, then it can give it to the people who don't work and don't pay any taxes. That's fair no?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 7 hours ago