The going rate is $50/hour for academic instruction. I charge more than that and have a waiting list from which I get to pick and choose students. I will not waste my time or parents money on students who do not study or do not try.
In President Barack Obama's 2012 State of the Union address, he said that "higher education can't be a luxury. It is an economic imperative that every family in America should be able to afford." Such talk makes for political points, but there's no evidence that a college education is an economic imperative. A good part of our higher education problem, explaining its spiraling cost, is that a large percentage of students currently attending college are ill-equipped and incapable of doing real college work. They shouldn't be there wasting their own resources and those of their families and taxpayers. Let's look at...
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 19 hours ago