The latest – if not last -- straw on the camel’s back: UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon’s visit this week to Tehran for a conference of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM). Iran’s rulers are the world’s leading sponsors of terrorism; they are under UN Security Council sanctions, illegally building nuclear weapons while refusingto allow the...
The time has passed where The United States should be using its considerable economic advantages to leverage a lot more reasonable conduct out of the United Nations, and its member states. We should also leverage our foreign aid a lot more stringently to change the conduct of the countries receiving such aid. Our aid to countries should not be money, which is too easily used to line tin pot dictators pockets, but direct help given individually to the people in their communities through International Non-Governmental Agencies and definitely NOT UN agencies.
Is there no point at which we conclude that the United Nations has evolved into an organization that is not just flawed, not just in need of reform, but fundamentally, structurally and incorrigibly hostile to American values and the cause of freedom in the 21st century?
- ABC: Democrats privately admit ObamaCare is “political poison” Ed Morrissey 48 minutes ago
- Would you care for some ObamaCare with your March Madness? Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- What’s so important about Israel being a “Jewish State,” anyway? jeffdunetz 2 hours ago
- Bill Gates on minimum wage hike: “I worry about what that does to job creation.” Kevin Glass 2 hours ago
- WH: Obama will totally be an asset for Democrats this year Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- Russia and others: testing the limits? Bruce McQuain 4 hours ago