The latest – if not last -- straw on the camel’s back: UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon’s visit this week to Tehran for a conference of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM). Iran’s rulers are the world’s leading sponsors of terrorism; they are under UN Security Council sanctions, illegally building nuclear weapons while refusingto allow the...
The time has passed where The United States should be using its considerable economic advantages to leverage a lot more reasonable conduct out of the United Nations, and its member states. We should also leverage our foreign aid a lot more stringently to change the conduct of the countries receiving such aid. Our aid to countries should not be money, which is too easily used to line tin pot dictators pockets, but direct help given individually to the people in their communities through International Non-Governmental Agencies and definitely NOT UN agencies.
Is there no point at which we conclude that the United Nations has evolved into an organization that is not just flawed, not just in need of reform, but fundamentally, structurally and incorrigibly hostile to American values and the cause of freedom in the 21st century?
- Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon: Darren Wilson must be vigorously prosecuted Allahpundit 31 mins ago
- Open thread: Semi-retired President to issue daily communique at 12:45 ET (pledged) Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- World Jewish Congress president asks, “Who will stand up for the Christians?” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Police sources to NYT: Witnesses, forensics prove Wilson sustained an injury during his confrontation with Michael Brown Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- White House knew ISIS planned to kill James Foley Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Report: Qatar scuttled Gaza cease-fire for not having seat at Cairo table Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago