It's true that the "good old days" weren't always good, but we should also remember that our belief that we're completely superior to previous generations of Americans doesn't even remotely square with reality. It's fine to pat ourselves on the back for being wealthier, more educated and considerably less racist than we used to be, but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that those less educated, backward people in their antiquated clothes were head and shoulders better than we are in a myriad of other ways. We should remember that the real problem isn't having a problem; it's having a...
- Surprise: Democrat-aligned groups vastly out-raising conservative counterparts in 2014 Guy Benson 29 minutes ago
- Obama to faith leaders: I have no plans for an executive amnesty on immigration Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Income-inequality warrior to earn $225,000 per year for doing nothing in particular about income inequality Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Is Kickstarter kicking out pro-life projects? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Oh, good: Obama to announce more faux stimulus with $600 million for job training Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- New study shows casual pot use connected to brain abnormalities Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago