What is perhaps most striking about Secretary Panetta's action is that it reverses the combat exclusion policy that...
The Liberal sense of justice is anathema to justice. It is not just to force a man to carry the weight that a woman cannot. It is not just to force a man to rely on a woman to save his life in a fight. It is not just to requre the taxpayer to fund the additional billeting structure needed for women. It is not just to force the citizen to fund and endure the additional deaths of US warriors. It is not just to emasculate the world's most elite fighting units making of them laughing stocks who will be losers in fact and reputation from now on. It is not just to engineer the destruction of US freedom.
With little discussion or fanfare, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta lifted the ban on women in combat that has been in effect for as long as there has been a U.S. military. Feminists and some women serving in the military are applauding the move as a victory for equal rights. They claim that justice requires nothing short of opening all positions to females, regardless of the consequences to combat effectiveness, unit cohesion, or military readiness, factors whose importance they minimize in any event.
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Shannon Goessling, Kurt Schlichter Ed Morrissey 36 minutes ago
- Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law Ed Morrissey 46 minutes ago
- Conservatives and establishment GOP agree: Don’t impeach Obama Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Democrats plan on making Hobby Lobby their midterm message Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Perry: Border crisis is Obama’s Katrina Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago