America is on track to go bankrupt. Just like Greece. The signs are all around us. We've lost our AAA credit rating. Trillion dollar deficits are the new normal. The Fed is buying 61% of our own debt. Barack Obama's 10 year budget will leave Americans with “more debt than has been accumulated by all previous Presidents in American history combined.” Nobody on the Left or Right seems to believe we'll ever pay off all of the money we owe. Life as we know it is very close to ending and yet Americans seem to be...
In response to:
American's are complacent about our impending bankruptcy? You are reading the people wrong. The problem is that too many writers have all the answers but none of the solutions. When have you heard someone detail the fixes to the economy that make sense. Never. It is a sound-bite world and the fixes will be traumatic so the people don't know what to do. What we have done is try to trust our officials and look where that's gotten us! As far as taxing our way out of this as some suggest, you are delusional! Believe it or not, so is Paul Krugman.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 13 hours ago