America is on track to go bankrupt. Just like Greece. The signs are all around us. We've lost our AAA credit rating. Trillion dollar deficits are the new normal. The Fed is buying 61% of our own debt. Barack Obama's 10 year budget will leave Americans with “more debt than has been accumulated by all previous Presidents in American history combined.” Nobody on the Left or Right seems to believe we'll ever pay off all of the money we owe. Life as we know it is very close to ending and yet Americans seem to be...
In response to:
American's are complacent about our impending bankruptcy? You are reading the people wrong. The problem is that too many writers have all the answers but none of the solutions. When have you heard someone detail the fixes to the economy that make sense. Never. It is a sound-bite world and the fixes will be traumatic so the people don't know what to do. What we have done is try to trust our officials and look where that's gotten us! As far as taxing our way out of this as some suggest, you are delusional! Believe it or not, so is Paul Krugman.
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 17 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago