The problem in the entire middle east is the lack of economic freedom and security. What Williams doesn't mention is that while an entrepreneur without legal title in Egypt is bouncing around the bureaucracy entangled in red tape trying to become legal, anything he has can be taken away at a whim. Where is the motivation to become economically active in such a situation? The purpose of government must be to provide economic security, not provide the economy.
- Ruth Bader Ginsberg to liberals: You really think Obama can replace me? Noah Rothman 31 mins ago
- Building blocks of the GOP Senate majority coming together Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Jim Webb: I’m seriously thinking of running for president as a Democrat Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Climate change so important that cable news ignored Obama’s UN speech Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Bill O’Reilly: Why not raise a 25,000-man global mercenary army to fight ISIS? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Semi-retired president now saluting Marines with coffee in hand Allahpundit 3 hours ago