Members of the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) are readying a flurry of bills in response to George Zimmerman’s acquittal on charges in last year’s fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin.
The lawmakers are drafting proposals intended to rein in racial profiling; scrap state stand-your-ground laws; and promote better training for the nation’s neighborhood watch volunteers, among other anti-violence measures.
CBC members had remained largely silent throughout the...
In response to:
It is essential that all "Stand Your Ground" and self-defense laws be repealed immediately and that all guns be confiscated from law-abiding citizens in order to ensure that no guns are used in defense of life, liberty, or property. The imposition of a police state is impossible to accomplish with those laws in place and with people having guns of their own to defend themselves. And we all know that the government is all-wise, all-caring, and only operates with our own best interests at heart. We, the Great Unwashed, do not know what is best for us. We are too dumb to even know that we don't know what is best for us. We would all be far better off if we simply ceded our lives and liberties to The Government.
In response to a not guilty verdict in the George Zimmerman-Trayvon Martin case, the Congressional Black Caucus is getting ready to introduce new legislation on racial profiling. More from The Hill:
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 9 hours ago