But the first paragraph refutes the headline: "Allowing income tax rates to rise for wealthy Americans would not hurt U.S. economic growth much (emphasis added) in 2013 ..." The CBO did not say, as the headline suggests, that raising taxes on the rich has no negative economic effect. In fact, the CBO actually said that extending the Bush-era rates for all would increase economic growth by 1.5 percent. If, however, the Bush era rates expired for the rich -- but...
In the end, the homeowner still has his nice home and a decent lifestyle, while the businesses he has stopped patronizing go under. The Left have no idea this is going on, because they have rarely had to work hard for what they have. Once they do, they start sliding to the right.
Consider this headline from a Reuters article in The Huffington Post: "Raising Taxes on Rich Won't Hurt Economic Growth, CBO Says."
- A Christian conundrum in conservative rhetoric? Ed Morrissey 17 mins ago
- Sanitizing terror: Has the press distorted Islamic radical’s crusade against gay men? Noah Rothman 56 mins ago
- Family friend tells WaPo: Yes, Darren Wilson did suffer an eye socket fracture Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Let’s play ‘What if a GOP’er Said It’ with Harry Reid’s racially insensitive jokes Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- NATO: Russia has moved artillery units and personnel into Ukraine Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Hamas executes “collaborators” as Israeli air strikes target leadership Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago