Four weeks ago, President Obama delivered a speech in San Jose, California touting the supposed benefits of his signature healthcare law. For 85 percent of Americans, he claimed, the only change they'll experience is superior coverage. For virtually everyone else, there will be competitive exchanges in place starting next year, from which they'll be able to select affordable coverage. And if some people still aren't able to pay those new, lower rates, the government would step in with subsidies to make up the difference. Needless to say, his promises were deeply misleading at the time: Premiums were already heading...
In response to:
DUH! Anyone with two brain cells to rub together should have known this bill won't work, because it harms the very people it is supposed to help. People too poor to buy insurance are fined for being poor? Inflationary requirements that prices more and more people out of the market? These elitists are so out of touch it is ridiculous. They are like the abusive parents who tie up their child and lock him in the closet to protect him from himself.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014