Not wasting any time, Obama has jumped on every liberal issue that he can since he was inaugurated for his second term. He is not “letting a good crisis go to waste”. Last week it was gun control. The media was on it 24/7. This week it’s all about immigration reform and the push is on. We HAVE to get this done…NOW! Let’s take a deep breath and look at what we will need to deal with if Congress jumps...
Instead of seeing Latinos as just immigrants, we need to see the millions of them who live here legally. For many of them, their families have been here longer than most Anglo families. Many were here when Spain still owned California! These people are our natural allies, distraught at the way Hollywood and the Music Industry have corrupted the morals of their kids. The Latino men I meet in the culture are genteel, gallant, religious and respectful. I am a single, middle-aged lady with and ancient car. I often break down, and invariably, a Latino man, usually of Mexican descent, will stop to help me out. These are the people we want in the GOP, but we won't attract them by lumping them together will illegal aliens.
- Megan McArdle goes off on suspicious Census Bureau/Obamacare methodology switch Guy Benson 38 minutes ago
- Chris Christie on punishing drug users: If we’re going to be pro-life, let’s be pro-life all the way Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The encore ObamaCare victory lap after the not-a-deadline-extension Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Eric Cantor: Obama and I totally had an angry conversation about immigration yesterday Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- America’s new labor battle: SEIU versus … Media Matters Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Phelim McAleer, Rep. Marsha Blackburn, Collin Raye Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago