Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
And where are the news stories the point out the hypocrisy of these proposed laws in light of the Fast and Furious scandal?
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm, Sen. James Inhofe, Salena Zito Ed Morrissey 21 mins ago
- Sisi: Egypt backs US strikes on ISIS, will participate in coalition, if … Ed Morrissey 31 mins ago
- Video: Israel shoots down Syrian jet over Golan Heights Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Joe Biden 2012: Can you believe Mitt Romney wants to hit Syria? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Rally point: Should Obama start talking about combat forces now? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- International community concerned America violating international law by striking Syria? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago