Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
And where are the news stories the point out the hypocrisy of these proposed laws in light of the Fast and Furious scandal?
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Friday night document dump: Yet another “accommodation” on HHS mandate Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Teachers unions angry with Obama staff “sellouts” Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 17 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago