Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
And where are the news stories the point out the hypocrisy of these proposed laws in light of the Fast and Furious scandal?
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Why aren’t Boehner and the House suing Obama over immigration? Allahpundit 41 minutes ago
- New Economist/YouGov poll shows Hobby Lobby impact on Supreme Court approval Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Liberal columnist calls out the ‘secret war on black Republicans’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Immigration advocates mad that feds might let young illegals choose deportation voluntarily Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Kurds seize two oil fields, pull out of Iraqi government Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Great news: VA overpaying misclassified workers by millions … and can’t fix it Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago